Fistula Treatment in Chennai
A fistula-in-ano is an abnormal hollow tract or cavity that is lined with granulation tissue and that connects a primary opening inside the anal canal to a secondary opening in the perianal skin; secondary tracts may be multiple and can extend from the same primary opening. It should be differentiated from the following processes, which do not communicate with the anal canal.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Infected inclusion cysts
- Pilonidal disease
- Bartholin gland abscess in females
- Fistula in Anus(ano) is a small tunnel that connects an infected gland inside the anus to an opening on the skin around the anus.
The most common cause of an anal fistula is an anal abscess and clogged anal glands. Most anal fistulas form in the posterior midline. Other, much less common, conditions that can cause an anal fistula include:
- Crohn’s disease (an inflammatory disease of the intestine)
- Radiation (treatment for cancer)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Diverticulitis (a disease in which small pouches form in the large intestine and become inflamed)
When fistulas are found in other locations, they are often associated with secondary conditions
- Intestinal inflammatory disease
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Tumors including leukemia
- Anorectal cancer
- - HIV which is associated with anal abscesses and/or fistulas
- Frequent anal abscess
- ~Pain and swelling around the anus
- Bloody or foul-smelling discharge (pus) from an opening around the anus.
- Irritation of the skin around the anus from discharge
- Pain with bowel movements
- Fever, chills and feeling of fatigue.
Types of fistulas include:
- Blind (open on one end only, but connects to two structures)
- Complete (has openings both outside and inside the body)
- Horseshoe (connects the anus to the surface of the skin after going around the rectum)
- Incomplete (a tube from the skin that is closed on the inside and does not connect to any internal structure)
Why choosing of RJR for Fistula in Ano?
Our herbal medicines will reduce the inflammation in and around the anal region. The abscess with pus discharge is also healed with internal and external medicines. In anal fistula there may be many tracks or branches inside the perianal region. The medicines will heal the fistula tract from the inside out. Without any surgery the wound is healed and the hole is closed completely. Take an appointment with our doctors for further queries.